Thursday, March 26, 2009

The curious case of BENJAMIN BUTTON

Oh yes... today let me talk about :

"The Curious case of Benjamin Button"

Again, a very promising story, good casting, big budget but unfortunately we can say that the director was like a child with a new toy: using and abusing of the effects and editing.

I had a "Déjà vu" impression when I watched this movie, the script had many unnecessary parts which were supposed to make us laugh such as the man who was strike by lightning 7 times and every time we would see a small clip old-fashion style of the lightning bolt. It was very "Amélie Poulain" like and totally unnecessary and annoying.

The movies is too long, too slow and a part from the fact that he's old and getting young. All the rest is not interesting. The fable just don't work hence I got so bored I slept through some parts.

Cate Blanchett and Queenie are the only ones worth while in this movie. Cate is as usual astonishing and plays beautifully. Brad Pitt on the other hand is loosing hand, he's flat in this movie, I can't believe he even got a nomination for the Oscars.

It's not that I don't like love stories or big blockbusters with famous actors, I just wish some directors would stop taking us viewers for granted.

Final words for this film: Boring, Not worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment